We notice that Christian students often feel they don't need to study Christology. These questions help them see they don't have all the answers they need. We spend a few minutes challenging them with these before covering the Christology Outline.
- Could Christ sin or couldn't He? See Lk. 4:1,2 & Jas. 1:13. Use scripture to support your answer.
- It is taught that Christ emptied himself of the use of his divine attributes and lived as a human being. What application does this have for the Christian life?
- Where did Christ go between His death and resurrection? See I Pet. 3:19; 4:6; Eph. 4:9.
- Why is the resurrection of Christ important? Give scriptures which support your answers.
- What is Christ doing now?
- Which of these issues are essential? Which are not? Why?
If you had trouble answering any of these questions, you need work on your Christology!