Starting May 22nd the Study Center will offer curbside pick-up and drop-off for books. Its staff will be following the Ohio Library Council's guidance for offering this service safely (disinfecting surfaces, wearing masks & gloves, social distancing, etc).
Here are the options for reserving and picking up a book:
- Login to your study center account at studycenter.xenos.org, search for your book, click "Place Hold," and select "New Location at RDP" as your pickup location.
- Call the Study Center at (614) 423-4145, and simply tell us over the phone what book you would like to reserve and when you will be picking it up.
- Come to the Study Center, knock on the door during business hours, and let us know what book you would like (least preferred option, but still available).
- When you arrive to pick up your book, we will bring the book out to your car, and place it in your back seat or trunk for you.
How to return books:
- Place books in the drop-off bin by the front door of the Study Center, located at 620 E. Oakland Park Ave. This is available 24 hours a day.
The Ohio Library Council encourages all locations to isolate returned books in bins for 2-3 days so that no trace of the virus can survive before being put back on the shelves. We are going one step further, and isolating the books for 4 days before we put them back on the shelves. We want to make sure that our services are safe for everyone to use.
Here are the updated hours that we will be offering the curbside pick-up service:
- Monday - Friday: 1pm - 6pm
- Saturdays: 1pm - 4pm
- Sundays: Closed
Inside use of the Study Center will remain closed until further notice, as keeping with the Ohio Library Council's guidelines. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kevin Zahler at firstname.lastname@example.org.