How to plan a Jr. High Winter Retreat
All cells should plan a winter retreat to take place between January and April. Retreats are a great event for your cell groups and, with some pre-planning, can turn out really sweet. Here are some points to think through when planning your retreat.
- You will want to have a teaching series (3 teachings / discussions)
- Potential retreat locations - See below for a list of retreat site.
- Remember: Safety first on retreats: plan safe and legal activities, wear seat belts, etc.
- Sample Menus:
- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and Juice or Milk
- Bagels, Donuts and Juice or Milk
- Hashbrowns, Sausage and Juice or Milk
- Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Carrots & Celery
- Cold cut sandwiches, Baked Beans and Chips
- Sloppy Joe's, Coleslaw and Chips
- Spaghetti, French Bread, Bag-o-Salad, Cookies
- Lasagna, Texas Toast, Bag-o-Salad, Brownies
- Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, Canned Fruit
- Note: You will have a tendency to over-buy. Look at the servings per container on the packages; they are usually very accurate.
- Please do not exceed $50 per student.
- Have your checks made out to a central cell worker. Do not have checks made out to Xenos.
- Create a flyer that has contact information for parents, the Xenos office will not have retreat information for the 40+ cells so make sure parents receive your contact info. Check out sample flyers on the Leaders page of this website under resources.
- Permission Slips:
- Attach a permission slip for each student. You can download one from the Leaders page of this web site under resources.
- You will need to take the slips with you during the weekend retreat.